Pit Droid Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Droid Cafe

THE place for Star Wars-related discussion, and much more!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CrystalSaber_1
CrystalSaber_1

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-08

"In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost Empty
PostSubject: "In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost   "In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Title: In The End
Author: CrystalSaber_1
Genre: angst, drama, songfic
Timeframe: ROTS
Notes: My first attempt at writing a songfic. It was a bit spur of the moment, so sorry for any grammer/spelling errors.
Disclaimer: SW=George Lucas. The song "In The End" belongs to Linkin Park

In The End

It starts with love...

Obi-Wan watched in horror as his former padawan strangled Padme. Anakin had done so much to save her, the one he loved, but in the end it turned out that it would destroy her. Was love worth more then the price of a life? Obi-Wan thought to himself. So many lives had been destroyed by Anakin that day. His former apprentice's mind was so hideously warped that he thought he was doing the right thing, when really what he had done was indescribingly evil.

"Let her go, Anakin!" Obi-Wan roared in anger as he stepped off of the ship's ramp. The heat of the air blistered his skin.
"You turned her against me!" Anakin shouted in retaliation. He stalked back and forth, his face twisted with anger and pain.

Obi-Wan glanced at where Padme had collasped. He could tell through the Force that she was still alive, but she still remained frighteningly still. He felt his heart lurch in fear.
He then turned the monster before him, a shell of a person, and bellowed "You have done that yourself!"

One thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme to explain in due time
All I know...

Where had it all gone wrong? Obi-Wan wondered, his heart pounding. Could he have prevented this? What if he had read the signs that Anakin had given him, so blatenly obvious now? What if he had tried to help? Was it really he, not Anakin, who was to blame for this?
He had tried so hard. He really had. But could he have tried harder? Pushed himself a little more?

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal...

Looking at Anakin, Obi-Wan couldn't believe that the power hungry man before him had once been a kind, impatient, eager little boy, someone who had loved life. Where had the time gone?

Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Tried to hold on, but didn't even know
I wasted it all just to watch you go...

It suddenly dawned on Obi-Wan just how blind he had been. All the times he had thought he had been a good master, had written off his former padawan's feelings, he had pushed him farther and farther over the edge. If only he had been a bit more understanding, if only he had thought.

But it was too late consider that now. He had wasted time. He had failed, and in turn, failed Anakin.

I kept everything inside
And even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be
A memory
Of a time

Training Anakin had been the struggle of his life. No one had ever known this, but it was the truth. It had been a daily battle to teach his padawan, help him with his problems. There had been many times when Obi-Wan had considered giving up, but still he perseveared. It had taken much hardship and pain, but it had seemed like he and Anakin had finally created a friendship, a bond. In many ways, Anakin was like his son, and he was the father that Anakin had never had.

Or at least that's how it used to be.

Obi-Wan strode over to Padme and placed two fingers on her neck. Her pulse was still there, but it was very faint.

He straightened up and heard the tail end of a tirad Anakin was putting on "....Peace, and happiness to my new empire."

Obi-Wan felt his back stiffen. "Your new empire? Anakin, my alligence is to the republic, to democracy!"

Anakin, keeping his back to him, replied in a quietly ominous tone "If you're not with me, then you're against me."

"I will stop you."

In the same tone, Anakin answered by saying "You will try."

Seconds later, he turned and flipped over himself, landing only several feet away from Obi-Wan.

Lightsaber drawn, Obi-Wan blocked Anakin's attack. Their weapons sizzled on contact, the sound sending a rush of adrenaline through Obi-Wan's veins. They fought brutally, as the fight was to the death.

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter.

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter.

Sweat poured down Obi-Wan's face almost instantly. The heat was chocking him. Or was it something else?
He shook his head quickly. This was not the time to become emotional. If he thought about the task before him, then he was certain that he wouldn't be able to carry out the act.
Thier lightsabers clashed once again. Obi-Wan caught a glimpse of Anakin's eyes. Those eyes had almost always viewed him with grudging respect at the worst, brotherly love at the best. Now his former apprentice's blue eyes only reflected pure hatred.
Had there even been any point? Obi-Wan thought to himself. What had been the point to all of the heartache and pain and then triumph, if it was to only unravel and end like this? Did it really even matter in the end?

One thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme to remind myself how I
Tried so hard...

In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so far...

Flashes of memories flashed through Obi-Wan's mind. He had tried so hard to help Anakin, but sometimes it was Anakin who would push him away. The young man had never really cared for advice, as much as he may have needed it. Obi-Wan recalled Anakin mocking him whenever he would spout Jedi philosophy.

The two Jedi entered a room, fighting all the while. Bodies littered the floor, slaughtered by Anakin most likely.

Obi-Wan allowed the Force to build in him, then he thrust his hand at Anakin to release the energy. Anakin met his Force with his own though, and for one never-ending second they pushed against each other, each trying to over power the other.

A second before Obi-Wan was sure he was about to burst, they both flew back at lightning speed. Obi-Wan slammed into a control panel and groaned in pain. There was no time to acknowledge the pain though, because Anakin was attacking him again.

Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me in the end

You kept everything inside
And even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

As Obi-Wan fought his former friend, it came to his attention that he and Anakin had never really known each other. He had kept his secrets from him, Anakin had secrets from Obi-Wan. These secrets had caused the friends to become wary of one another, preventing them from confiding in each other, and eventually even mistrusting each other.

Obi-Wan had tried with everything he had to breach this division. But obviously, he hadn't tried enough.

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

He had failed. He had failed the Order, he had failed himself, he had failed Anakin. Training the Chosen One wouldn't be an easy task, some might say. But this didn't give Obi-Wan any relief. Instead, he just felt more guilt.

He lept out onto a pipe that hung over the lava. It creaked and swayed precariously. Anakin followed right behind him.

Obi-Wan noticed in the back of his mind that the lava was rising. He ignored this warning though, until a wave of the magma landed on the platform near him.

I put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know

Obi-Wan began to sob as he fought. He knew what he had to do, but didn’t want to do it.
He then jumped up onto the bank of the lava pit. He had the advantage now.
Anakin glared at him from where he was, several feet below him. Obi-Wan felt his stomach twist.

“It’s over Anakin!” he shouted, tears rolling down his face. “I have the high ground!”

Anakin’s face contorted in defiance. “You underestimate my power!”

“No” Obi-Wan whispered to himself. “Don’t do it.”

Don’t make me hurt you, my son.

Anakin, ignoring his warning, flipped up so he was directly over Obi-Wan. Almost unconsciously the older Jedi reached up with his weapon and severed the left arm and both legs of his friend. He watched as Anakin tumbled down the bank, helpless.

I put my trust in you!
Pushed as far as I can go!
For all this!
There's only one thing you should know!

“You were the Chosen One!” he shouted, his voice cracking with emotion. “You were sent to destroy the Sith, not bring them back!”
He stared at Anakin, his vision blurred by tears and sweat.

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

“You were my brother Anakin.” He said, his voice barely above a whisper. “I loved you.”

He then turned and ran, away from what used to be.

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter...
Back to top Go down
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-11-25

"In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost Empty
PostSubject: Re: "In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost   "In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:53 am

Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad

That song matched perfectly with what you are portraying in this piece! I love it! Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1431890/

"In The End" ROTS Songfic, Angst, tf.net repost
Page 1 of 1