Pit Droid Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Droid Cafe

THE place for Star Wars-related discussion, and much more!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-11-25

SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Empty
PostSubject: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am

Hello, and welcome!

This is the thread in which you can post your Star Wars entries for the fan literature challenges. All entries will need to conform to the rules for fanfic set out in the welcoming thread of pretty much all of the fiction boards. I also ask that all entries are kept above the 100 word mark. This isn't a drabble challenge thread. Of course all entries must meet the guidelines of the individual challenge that they are in answer to.

A new challenge will be posted every fortnight. After a challenge is posted, contestants will get a week to hand in their entries, which will be posted in this thread. After the deadline, the rest of you will be given 48 hours to PM your votes, and after the winner is posted, they will recieve their prize, which is a special avatar.

Other than that, there is little I have to say. Comments are welcome in this thread, but please don't criticise. I only ask this because if you criticise, other potential voters can see that, and it could change their opinion.

The first challenge will be posted on the 31st of December 2008 at 3pm Eastern Pacific time.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1431890/
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Here's the first challenge:

There are plenty of instances in thousands of fandoms, where two people have a fight and they end their friendship or association or relationship. The first challenge is to write that argument or fight, to have the sparks fly. However, it doesn't necessarily need to end with the end of the relationship, if you get my drift...

Entries are due by Thursday 8th January, at 3pm Eastern Pacific time. At that point, voting will begin. Very Happy

Good luck!

Ok, they were actually supposed to be on Wednesday 7th, but seeing as this has been up for a while, I'll let you all have that extra time.

Last edited by Lolly_Tolly on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding deadline)
Back to top Go down
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

Title: Monster Relations
Author: Lolly_Tolly
Summary: Yoda and Yaddle have an argument.
Disclaimer: Don't own SW.

“How dare you?!”

“Sorry, I am!”

“If sorry, you are, then why continue, do you?”

Yoda and Yaddle were in the middle of a heated debate, in the middle of the Council Chambers. The rest of the Councilors sat in their seats feeling incredibly awkward. “Know what you mean, I do not!”

Yaddle was completely enraged, by this point. Not only was Yoda hitting on another woman, he was denying it at the same time. “Flirt with Adi, you should not! Unfaithful, it is!”

“Hit on her, I did not! Merely compliment her, was all I did.”

Adi chose this time to intervene to some degree. “That's not the way it sounded to me!”

“Stay out of this, you will!” both Jedi Masters yelled at her.

Adi just made a placating gesture and settled back in her chair.

“If get to hit on Adi, you do. Hit on Mace, I will.” The panicked look on Mace Windu's face was a spectacular contrast to the normal stoic mask he usually wore.

“Fair, that is not!” Yoda was indignant at her suggestion.

Adi chose this time to butt in, again. “Yeah! Mace is MINE!”

“Defend you he did not,” Yaddle stated quite reasonably.

Adi looked thoughtful for a couple of seconds before saying, “You know, you're right. Mace, we're through!” She then proceeded to stalk out of the Council Chambers, while Mace continued to sit in his chair with a shocked look on his face.

Yaddle watched her leave with a proud look on her face. “Well she has done. Through, we are also, Troll!”

The Council Chambers were plunged into silence as the little Master left.
Back to top Go down
CrystalSaber_1
CrystalSaber_1

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Title: Men and directions, Women and maps.
Author: CrystalSaber_1
Summary: Bant, Siri, Obi-wan, and Garen get lost in the woods. Insanity follows.
Disclaimer: Note the "fan" in fanfiction

"Admit it Obi-wan. We're lost."

"We are not lost Bant!"

"Obi-wan, we should have been there hours ago. Give it up."

"Shut up Siri."

"No, you shut up Garen!"

The four jedi had been trudging along the rocky path for hours now, and tensions were running high. The fact that they appeared to have gone the wrong way at some point wasn't helping things.

Bant sighed and rolled her large eyes. "Look, there's a village just a little ways from here. We can ask for directions there."

Obi-wan crossed his arms across his chest defiantly. "We don't need to ask for directions. We have a map. A map is always reliable"

Siri stomped over to him and thrust her chin at him. "Well, if the map is so "reliable", then why are we at least one hundred miles away from our original destination? Hm?"

"Siri's right. I don't see why we can't just ask for directions-"

"Because we have a map" Garen snapped. "Is it so impossible for you to fathom that we have a map, so it is idiotic that we ask for directions?"

Bant snorted. "It isn't idiotic if the map is wrong. Which it is, by the way."

"The map is not wrong, we just got a little...turned around."

"I think your brain is turned around."

"No, I think yours is."

"What is it with women and maps?!" bellowed Obi-wan.

"What is it with men and asking directions?!" Siri shouted in retaliation.

"Look." Bant said. "How about me and Siri ask directions in the village, while you two follow the kriffin map. Then we'll see who's right."

"Fine!" Obi-wan huffed, clutching his map protectively.

"You two are so stupid" snorted Garen. "Consider this partnership terminated!"

"Fine!" sniffed the women. Then both of the groups stalked off in different directions.

"Women" Obi-wan grumbled under his breath as he and Garen stomped down the path.

"Men" scowled Siri.

The End!

Last edited by CrystalSaber_1 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : If only I could spell!)
Back to top Go down
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Ok, the time for entries is over! Now it's time to vote! We only had these two entries, there weren't any in the general fandoms section, so...

Our entrants are:

- Purple Skinned Jedi
- CrystalSaber_1

Please PM me your votes within 48 hours. I'll let you know when that is, in the morning, too tired, now...
Back to top Go down
CrystalSaber_1
CrystalSaber_1

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Okay, here's my response to challenge #2. Hopefully it's not late...

Title: The Question
Author:CrystalSaber_1
Summary: One shot. Anakin asks Padme to marry him.
Timeframe: Just after AoTC
Note: Written for Fanfic Challenge #2
Disclaimer: Star Wars=George Lucas

Anakin rolled over on his sleep couch and moaned. As softly as the lights above him glowed, they still caused him a headache. The bed

beneath him creaked in a disheartening sort of way as he shifted his weight. The sleep couch wasn't up to the normal standards of the Jedi

Med Clinic, but considering the great amount of Jedi that had been injured in the recent battle, Anakin felt thankful that he even had a place to lay his head.

It had been several days since the temple healers had attached a bio-mechanical arm to his severed stump, but the pain was still great. Not only was the pain fresh in the physical sense, but mentally as well. The agony he was experiencing was a constant reminder of his
recklessness, which had cost him his arm, as well as the duel with Dooku. Every time he glanced down to see the tangled wires that were now the lower part of his right arm, he was reminded, that if he had just listened to Obi-wan, then maybe Dooku would be dead now and they wouldn't have a war on their hands.

It took a lot for someone as stubborn minded as Anakin to admit that he had done wrong, made a mistake. Depite this, Anakin still felt a fresh wave of guilt with every passing moment. His thoughts were even more conflicted today than ever, because of what he was about to do.

Just then, one of the temple healers, a red skinned women named Rugaai, walked into the room. "Senator Amidala is here to see you. Shall I send her in?"

Just hearing her name brought a smile to his lips. "Yes, please."

Padme. She was here at the Jedi Temple, as she had been for the past few days. The Jedi Council, as well as the Chancellor, had pleaded with her to return to Naboo, but she refused. Only Anakin knew her real reason for remaining on Courascant: him.

She had visited him daily since he had been injured. It had become like a routine for him: wake up, stretch, exercise his am, eat. Around noontime Padme would come and visit, bringing life and happiness to his day. She would leave a few hours later. Then he would stretch, exercise his arm, eat, and go to sleep.

He sat up on his sleep couch in anticipation. A rush of pure adrenaline roared through his veins. He couldn't believe he was actually about to do this. He had been planning this for a while and he was confident, but that still didn't stop his nerves from kicking in. One thing that bothered him was the fact that he didn't have a ring. Jedi made no money, so it was out of the question for him to buy her anything. Padme would understand that. But it annoyed him immensely anyways.

At that moment, a gentle rush of the Force announced Padme's presense. He felt a grin spread across his face as she stepped into the room. She was wearing a simple blue shirt and pants, and her hair was undone, but she still looked radiant to him.

She smiled at him. "How are you?" she asked, sitting beside him. She ran he hands gently through his surprisingly soft locks of hair.
Anakin shrugged, indifferent. "I've been better. I'm more interested in how you are."

Padme laughed softly. "You're worried about how I'm doing? When you're the one who's been hurt?"
"Of course."
"Well then, to answer your question, I'm fine. Now answer my question."
Anakin let out his breath quickly. "Physically I'm fine..."
Padme's eyebrows raised, sensing that something was amiss. "But?..."

Now was his chance. Anakin reached over and clasped Padme's hand in his own. He directed his gaze directly on her own. "Padme, do you love me?"
She frowned at him, confused. "Yes, of course I do. Did you think I was lying when I pledged my love to you on Geonosis?"
He shook his head quickly. "No, no. I just wanted to be sure...before..."
Anakin trailed off. Padme waited patiently for a few moments previous of asking, "Before what?"

Anakin stood up suddenly. She grabbed his uninjured arm. "Ani, what are you doing?"
"Answering your question." He had a a slighty nervous half grin on his face.

Padme watched, dumbstruck, as Anakin knelt before her and looked her in the eye. His hold on her hand tightened a bit. "Padme, I love you more than my life, as without you, it is pointless to live. You aremy life." Anakin dropped his eyes for a moment, then raised them again. Here goes nothing. "Will you marry me?"

There was silence as the two lovers stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. The question lingered unanswered between them. Padme seemingly searched his face for a response that only she could decide.

Anakin dropped his gaze again. "If it is not your wish to marry me, then please don't hesitate to tell me. I wouldn't-"

Padme shook her head furiously. "No, that's not it."

Anakin blinked, confused. "Then what is it?"

A grin of pure joy spread across her face. "It is a yes."

Anakin's expression matched Padme's instantly. He wanted to speak but couldn't find the words.

Appearing to read his thoughts, Padme pressed a finger to Anakin's lips. "You don't have to say anything."

Taking her advice, Anakin pulled her into his arms and gave her a kiss of pure love.

The End!
Back to top Go down
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 am

Yay, Crystal! Technically, you were late, but you're the only one who entered, and I figured I'd just let it go... (I'm weird like that). Anyways, today was supposed to see the end of voting for it, so, by default, you win! Very Happy Congratulations!

(I was going to enter, but the idea I have just isn't working for me...)
Back to top Go down
Lolly Tolly
Lolly Tolly

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Sorry, forgot to post this here yesterday.

The 2nd Challenge:

To write a scene where a character changes sides. ie. A good character turns bad, or a bad character turns good.

This is due next Tuesday. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!   SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW Fan Literature Challenge Thread!
Page 1 of 1